Monday, February 27, 2006


this is an image of the festival shortly after WWII that i thought was pretty cool. so, all said and done, i came, i drank, i got naked, i screamed with friends and thousands of japanese men, i feared for my life, i got elbowed in the head and fell off the temple stairs (which were made of stone), i was able to grab the top of one of the shingi sticks for 2 seconds before getting punched in the chest and thrust out of the mob, and this all preceded an all-night JET party at god-knows where...whew. a good time? i don't know. a good experience? definately. just a dream? quite possibly... Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

This photo is amazing. For a second there I thought it was yours! Then I read on. Sounds like a once in a life time experience.

5:45 AM  
Blogger David_Weinstein said...

hahahaha, yeah, i WISH this was my photo, but alas, it comes from some small, obscure magazine; i think it's called national geographic or something. but yes, indeed, it was a once and a life time experience; you couldn't pay me to do it again...

6:09 AM  
Blogger porchmouse said...

I'm reading from Canada...crazy story and crazy pics. Interesting bit of eductation though as I've been telling everyone at work all day about this "festival" I read about. Cheers,

Sue

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home